Skip to main content

Reclaiming the Light

I have been quiet as of late, but it was for good reason. I have been working hard on my first novel, and early this morning, I finally clicked the publish button!

I had a number of projects in the works, but the one that kept drawing me back in ended up becoming one I never thought I would share with the public. It began life as an untitled document, where I would go to vent. Essentially, a diary of sorts. I would write poetry, short stories, memories and the like, whenever I would have writer's block, and just let my fingers fly across the keyboard. I started realizing that I was spending more time on this than I was on the things I wanted to write. So, I began to go over what I had written, edit, add to, etc. And a story emerged, my story.

It was not an easy story to write, but it was even harder to put out into the world. But what I have to remember, with each breath, with each post, each promotion, is that it is a story that should be shared. Not in order to have anyone feel sympathy for me. Not at all. But for others to know that they are not alone. For others to know that they too can find their way out of an abusive situation. That they can find hope in the hopeless. That one day, they can reclaim the light.

Reclaiming the Light is available now on Amazon in Kindle edition or paperback.

Reclaiming the Light, Kindle Edition
Reclaiming the Light, paperback

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome!

Well, I've done it. I've put it out to the universe that I'm writing a novel, so I guess I better put myself in gear. The intent of this blog is to talk about, well, most anything. While I'm writing, I intend to look for copy editing work (online), so I will post about things like that, possibly do some freelance writing if I can find it, talk about how my writing is going, etc. If you're here, say something, even if it's just hello. I welcome any and all to my blog. You can also find me on Facebook, my page is Author Page: Chloe Cuthbert. Feel free to give it a like and take a look around.

Finding my way

The writing is coming, in bursts, but at least it is happening. At this point, I think I may have two different stories going on; and I am ok with that. There is some character development going on that feels like it has long-term potential for my novel (novela?), and the paragraphs that are flowing a little more smoothly, possibly another novel, or maybe a short story. I really don't know yet. I will cross that bridge when I feel like I can actually put the scattered notes and pieces into something a little more "whole". I've been reading in between writing as well. I finished a fantastic book last night, "Children of the Salt Road", by Lydia Fazio Theys. I have the paperback version, but it is a signed copy, and I didn't want to bend it, so I ended up getting the Kindle in Motion version; something I have never experienced. I recommend it, at least for this book. The art is quite beautiful, and not at all intrusive while reading. If you go to Amazon